Bridge Street Theatre Operations Manager
Bridge Street Theatre (BST) is a not-for-profit tax-exempt corporation whose mission is to provide an intimate and affordable venue for the production of new, newly-developed, and unjustly neglected works of theatre, as well as imaginative and adventurous re-interpretations of classic texts. This space at 44 W. Bridge Street in Catskill, NY is unique in Catskill, Greene County and indeed the entire region in both its size and ambitions. It serves as home base for its own productions and provides performance, gallery and event space for community, regional, national, and international groups.
Job Title: Bridge Street Theatre Operations Manager
Type: Full time Permanent
Salary: $40,000 per year
Application Deadline: 3/15/2020
Web Site: bridgest.org
BST Operations Manager Job Description
Bridge Street Theatre seeks a full time Operations Manager who will manage the overall operations of the theatre. The Operations Manager reports to the Artistic and Managing Director and works closely with them to ensure that the day to day operations of the theatre are handled efficiently and completely. As the theatre staff is very small, the position requires lots of hands-on activities. The ideal candidate has education and a proven record in the administration of a theatrical organization. They would have experience in fundraising and the identification of development opportunities. They would have strong financial skills to manage the day to day operations of the theatre. They would be collaborative and eager to partner with the Artistic and Managing Director and the Board to help deliver the vision of the theatre.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assists in annual budget preparation; adheres to the approved budget by tracking monthly revenue and expenditures, manages cash flow, capital expenditures, and investments; works with the bookkeeper to handle the payment of invoices and keeps detailed records of cash flow, conducts regular meetings with the bookkeeper; prepares and reviews monthly financial reports prior to the Board meeting.
- Oversees the operation of the physical plant. Ensures the safety and security of the building.
- Supervises the ticket sales operations and helps manage the front-of-house volunteers.
- Provides administrative and contractual support for productions, including royalties, fees, actor contracts, and performance agreements; negotiates these agreements as necessary; prepares box office reports
- Maintains a master schedule of rehearsals, performances, and other events; coordinates equipment and facility rental to outside parties; oversees facilities maintenance and outside contractor/vendors; recommends maintenance work or purchases to the Managing Director; represents and advocates for BST with government agencies, insurance companies, and local business groups and arts organizations.
- Achieves marketing and sales operational objectives by contributing marketing and sales information and recommendations; preparing and completing action plans; resolving problems; identifying trends; implementing change; drafting and managing the marketing budget; creating audience development strategies specific to each production; developing group sales tickets campaigns and soliciting related opportunities; solicits opportunities to speak to groups about BST and participates in appropriate community organizations.
- Manages the publicity and community relations objectives by assisting in the design and distribution of publications including patron newsletters and brochures; overseeing BST website; managing social media presence; communicating and securing all print media articles and press releases to local media; scheduling all broadcast media; coordinating and overseeing promotional photo sessions.
- Achieves fundraising objectives by soliciting underwriting; coordinating fundraising events, including preview performance events; researching and developing grant opportunities; negotiating favorable vendor trades for in-kind services.
- BA required
- Strong organizational abilities, detail oriented, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent inter-personal skills and an ability to work as part of a team
- Exemplary problem-solving skills and ability to work independently
- Competency in IT operations and management
- Highly computer literate, especially in Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Creative Suite
- Capable writer and verbal communicator
- Passionate commitment to theatre
To apply, send email with cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for a PDF version of the job announcement.