Bridge Street Theatre Production Stage Manager
Bridge Street Theatre (BST) is a not-for-profit tax-exempt corporation whose mission is to provide an intimate and affordable venue for the production of new, newly-developed, and unjustly neglected works of theatre, as well as imaginative and adventurous re-interpretations of classic texts. This space at 44 W. Bridge Street in Catskill, NY is unique in Catskill, Greene County and indeed the entire region in both its size and ambitions. It serves as home base for its own productions and provides performance, gallery and event space for community, regional, national, and international groups.
Job Title: Bridge Street Theatre Production Stage Manager
Type: Part-time, average 20 hours/week, schedule dependent on production requirements
Duration: 8 months 4/1/2020 – 11/30/2020
Salary: $18/hour paid bi-weekly
Option: Possible free housing in the apartment upstairs in the building
Application Deadline: 2/16/2020
Web Site: bridgest.org
The Production Stage Manager is responsible for coordinating all aspects of rehearsals and performances for all events at Bridge Street Theatre. They organize people and paperwork, take general, blocking and line notes during rehearsals, help organize costume fittings, prop lists, and other pertinent show data and run both rehearsals and performances. They are highly organized, leaders, detail oriented, and calm under pressure. They will also be advocates for the mission of the Bridge Street Theatre and support the staff and board in realizing that mission.
Responsibilities Include but Are Not Limited To:
- Work collaboratively with the director and designers to fulfill the vision and concept of the production.
- Attend all production meetings and rehearsals. Supervise all rehearsals.
- Maintain an accurate production prompt book with blocking, cues, and notes.
- Run or call the show.
- Facilitate communication between designers and directors.
- Assist the director and other production staff in creating a weekly schedule.
- Maintain a contact sheet, distribute necessary paperwork and announcements to cast and production team.
- Distribute rehearsal notes after each rehearsal and performance reports after each performance.
- Facility Care, including preparing the stage or rehearsal area before the start of each rehearsal and performance and returning the space to neutral after.
- Check in actors, take role, make phone calls when necessary.
- Supervise tech.
- Be on site for all performances. Respond to emergencies and problems with maturity and intelligence.
- Be the first to arrive and the last to leave all rehearsals and performances.
- Report all incidents and emergencies to staff.
Skills, Abilities and Knowledge Preferred:
- Undergraduate degree or similar experience as a Stage Manager
- Working knowledge of theatre producing practices and personnel management
- Working knowledge of theatrical set construction, lighting technology, costume construction and prop gathering and building
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with lighting control consoles, ideally the ETC Element
- Knowledge of audio equipment and QLab software
- Ability to manage shifting and competing priorities
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational shills
- Ability to work independently and to maintain a positive work atmosphere
- Flexibility in work schedule, as the schedule varies week to week and includes evening and weekend hours
Email a resume and letter of interest, with subject: Bridge Street Theatre Production Stage Manager, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until 2/16/2020 Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Bridge Street Theatre is an equal-opportunity employer.